Friday 13 July 2012

Inchcolm Island

Firstly, I would like to announce a three week long blog hiatus due to holidays.  Hurrah!  

That being done, the topic of tonight's seminar will be Inchcolm Island!   Inchcolm is one of the islands in the Firth of Forth.  There's a very picturesque ruined abbey on it, so one sunnyish day I went to explore it.   I took a bus from Waverley Bridge and then boarded the boat at Queensferry.   It's a great little island!  Not much to see other than the abbey though, just a few WW2 fortifications.   But I had a good time photographing the Abbey and scrambling about in long grass.   I practiced HDR again this trip, and I was quite pleased with the results.   Here are a few of my favorite HDR pics from the day:



                                                                Forth Rail Bridge


                                                                     The Abbey





                                                 I hate whoever put that bin there!







And one non HDR photo that I like:


                                       The late afternoon light on this rock was spectacular!




And for good measure, a seal!




No comments:

Post a Comment