Thursday 28 June 2012

St. Giles

I love St Giles cathedral.   I don't know who St. Giles was, but I love it all the same, with its angel statue near the door and blue ceiling and decor that reminds you of being underwater.   To me it's both ancient and modern at the same time.   Both religious and light hearted.   You do have to buy a photography license in there, but it's only a couple of quid, so I think it's well worth it.   I went for HDR photos again, and it seemed to work really well.   That was my first time doing them indoors.   The biggest challenge for this shoot was trying to get shots without people in them!   It wasn't high tourist season, but there were still plenty of visitors about.   I suppose that's what comes of living in Edinburgh.

Some of my favorites from this shoot:




                                          Not a great photo but I do really like the statue








So there you have it.   St. Giles in HDR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment