Wednesday 21 March 2012

Eyes

I know everyone takes pictures of eyes but I wanted to do it anyway.   Let's face it, eyes are awesome!   So much depth and colour and so very expressive. 

The first thing I learned about shooting eyes is that not just any old eye will do.   Sure, all eyes are beautiful, but a lot of people just don't seem to open theirs very wide.   While this is fine in everyday life and looks normal, in a photo I found that it just looks like i caught them mid-blink.   So I tried a few different people before I got shots I like.   The eye model I eventually settled on was my brother, who has gorgeous blue eyes with plenty of interesting detail.   The second thing I learned about shooting eyes is that you need to have a very patient eye model!   Not everybody will be happy for you let off a flash gun in their eyes repeatedly!   And who could blame them...   Finally I learned to shoot both eyes.   They're really quite different!   Here are a few of the best from this shoot:



 My brother really does have gorgeous eyes. 


And one of my eye that my model was kind enough to shoot for me.   He's not just a pretty face!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment