Monday 18 May 2015

Gig Reviews: They Might Be Giants

It looked I wasn't going to get to go to this one.   I didn't feel like going alone and the one person I knew who liked them was in Canada on the day.   My usual concert buddy I drag to things I want to see was away too.   Then my brother asked me if I wanted to go with him.   Hurrah!   I had no idea he liked them.   So off we went, looking forward to a night of glorious weirdness.   The opening act were really enjoyable.  A fun band from Northern Ireland called the Wonder Villains.   I'm so sick of opening acts you could sleep through, so they were a nice surprise.   The first thing the band did when they got on stage was to rearrange the audience.   We were on the upper level in seats, but the people on the lower floor were seated nicely at little lables.   They Might Be Giants were having none of that.   They got everyone to stand up and come up to the front.   Yeah!   That's how you get a party started!   And I saw people mving aside to let a wheelchair user through to the front.   Made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.   So the band were just as wacky as expected and put on a great show.   They didn't do a few of my favourites though, like Experimental Film.  Ah well.   The highlight was definitely Istanbul.   And Marty Beller stayed behind at the end to sign tickets.   I love it when people do that.   Good show.      






No comments:

Post a Comment