Saturday 9 May 2015

Gig Reviews: Josh Ritter

Given everything you know about my musical tastes, it may surprise you to know that one of my favourite singers ever is a country singer called Josh Ritter.  I've been to see him a couple of times, most recently in Glasgow.   It was an odd sort of gig for me, as it was seated.   Haven't been to many of those.   It's a whole different experience.   Calmer, more comfortable, but not as much energy, and so much further from the stage.   The first time I saw him he created absolute magic on the stage.   He was mesmerising.   So so powerful.   This wasn't quite up to that standard.   Maybe it was the seatedness that did it.   Or perhaps that he didn't do a lot of my favourite songs.   He did do Lillian, Egypt though.   Hurrah!   Still a good show and I'm glad I went.   The venue was lovely too.  The Old Fruitmarket.   I'd never been there before and it was quite lovely.   All fairy lights, and still with the old storefront signs up.  




 

         

No comments:

Post a Comment