Sunday 8 February 2015

Songs: They Might Be Giants

You'd like some weird songs, you say?   Ok, here are a few from They Might be Giants.   An odd little alternative band that's been around since the 80s.  They're probably most famous for singing the theme song for Malcolm in the Middle.   They're either stark raving bonkers, or high as kites when writing their songs.   Some of their lyrics include:

They call me Dr. Worm.
Good morning. how are you? I'm Dr. Worm.
I'm interested in things.
I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm.
I live like a worm.

I like to play the drums.
I think I'm getting good,
But I can handle criticism.
I'll show you what I know,
And you can tell me if you think I'm getting better on the drums.
I'll leave the front un-locked 'cause I can't
Hear the doorbell


Yeah.  and then there's:


I'm your only friend
I'm not your only friend
But I'm a little glowing friend
But really I'm not actually your friend
But I am


Glad that's cleared that up then.   Here are three fine TMBG examples.   One might be more normal than the others:







 

No comments:

Post a Comment