Friday 21 June 2013

Film Reviews: My Fair Lady

I finally got round to watching My Fair Lady recently.   Yes, I know, how on Earth had I gone that long without watching it?   Especially considering how much I like musicals, and Audrey Hepburn, come to that.   Well, I'd seen bits of it before on Youtube, including The Rain in Spain and Wouldn't It Be Loverly, but I'd never bothered to sit down and watch the whole thing.   And I did enjoy it.   Rex Harrison was brilliant, and it was really funny.   Audrey Hepburn as a pretty unconvincing cockney was so annoying though!   I just wanted to slap her whenever she opened her mouth!   My only reaction when she learned the rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain was thank fuck for that!   I did enjoy the costumes and the parties though, especially that incredible races hat!
  But the ending is wrong!!   Clearly the right ending is not that she goes back to him, it's that he goes looking for her and apologises!   Silly film makers!   But still, good film.  



No comments:

Post a Comment