Thursday 30 May 2013

Blossom and Flowers

In April/May Edinburgh is carpetted in cherry blossom.   I, of course, like to photograph it.   Here is a cherry blossom photo I took last year in George V Park near my flat:



 Ah, lovely pinkness.   I love how it's so thick, and just everywhere.   Notice the new signature in the bottom left-hand corner, added after this incident.   


This is another one taken the same day and same place.   Possibly my favorite ever cherry blossom photo I've taken.   It's a different type of blossom.   It's not the pale pink one that's everywhere, but the bright magenta one.   What I like most about this one is the contrast of the magenta against the bright blue sky behind it.   Gorgeous!   To get this shot I had to find a low-hanging branch with the sky behind it and shoot straight upwards.







And just for good measure, here are some blue bells in someone's garden right by the park.   All three photos were taken with my macro lens.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment