Tuesday 1 May 2012

Fireworks!

At the end of the Fringe in Edinburgh there is a fireworks display, set to music, from the Castle.   I very much enjoyed this year's performance.   The Castle was beautifully lit and I preferred this year's music to last year's.   Less obscure.   More relevent.   The fireworks themselves were good too, though not hugely different to last year's.   I, of course, took my camera, tripod and remote release along to capture the action.   Sadly the people I was with had chosen to stand somewhere that wasn't ideal for photography, but nevermind.

I'd never really photographed fireworks before and wasn't quite sure how to go about it.   I really just pointed the camera at a random patch of sky, set the focus to infinity and hoped for the best!  It went ok, though most of my photos came out looking pretty smoky.   I think this was more to do with the wind than with anything I'd done.   I also found the long lens to be unnecessary.   They weren't that high up really!  

There was only really one photo I was really happy with.   For your viewing pleasure:




I also discovered that I want a new camera!   My flat mate's newer camera had an autofocus that could cope with the lighting conditions.   Jealous!  

No comments:

Post a Comment