Wednesday 13 March 2019

Books: The Twits

As previously mentioned, I like to reread old childhood books when I go home, and I've been working my way throaugh the Roald Dahls. Most recently I reread The Twits. It was a favorite when I was younger, and it's still great now. For me, it's on a par with The BFG.

It's about two really nasty, ugly, disgusting people called Mr. and Mrs. Twit. They spend their time being horrible to animals and plotting horrible tricks to play on each other. Until one day the family of monkeys Mr. Twit keeps in a cage in the garden come up with a clever plan to rid themselves of the horrible Twits, with the help of their friends, the birds. What makes this one so good is more of the brilliant playing with words that Roald Dahl did so well in The BFG, the wonderfully creative nasty things that the Twits did to each other, and the very sticky end that they came to. It's all very satisfying.




No comments:

Post a Comment