Saturday 7 July 2018

Movie Reviews: Deadpool 2

I wasn't all that keen on the idea of a Deadpool sequel. I loved the first film. It was funny, filthy, full of great characters, great soundtrack and above all, ORIGINAL. Despite being a part of the Marvel universe, it was genuinely different to the other samey Marvel superhero films. It was a bit of surprise hit, and I was worried that the sequel just wouldn't be as good. I thought someone would realise that they could make money from it, and ruin it by trying to tone it down to appeal to a wider audience and change the feel of it with a big budget and an experienced director.

But I was wrong! It was still rude, crude and hilarious, with another great soundtrack! I think I still prefer the first one, but for a sequel it was great! It introduced some great new characters while being true to the spirit of the first one. The main problem is that very early in the film throws the auidence a massive curve ball that I didn't like. But they fix it at the very end of the film. So that's alright. Mostly. Anyway, good film.





No comments:

Post a Comment