Thursday 27 March 2014

Tattoos: Turtle!

So about a year ago I got my first tattoo.   I'd known I wanted one for ages, but I didn't know what to get, and I wanted to be really sure first.   Eventually I went for a turtle, of course.   I love turtles!   I had a vague idea of what I wanted, but as I can't draw to save my life I was happy to take suggestions.   I did some googling and found a place where I liked the look of their stuff and went off to get an appointment.   My tattoo artist was a lovely Italian lady and very helpful.   Together we came up with a design.   It was quite different to what I'd been picturing, but I love it!   I got it done on my foot, which is possibly not the best idea for a first tattoo, cos it's quite sore there, but nevermind.   I was fine.  It really was not that bad.   More just irritating than painful, though some spots were really sore.   And as soon as it was finished it was fine!   Just felt like a bit of sunburn.   Tattoos are way easier than piercings.   They hurt for days and take forever to heal.   I'd get another tattoo tomorrow, but now I'd think hard before getting another piercing.   The only problem was that it really is addictive.   As soon as it was done I started wanting more.   To anyone thinking about getting a tattoo I'd say think long and hard about what you want, and if at all possible, draw it first.

Anway, here's my tattoo:

 It's pretty simple.  That's what I wanted.  Just simple lines and no garish colours.   That wouldn't be very me.

Here's my favorite photo of it so far, taken by my friend Gavin at our Christmas party this year:





Here it is looking red and new and surrounded by all the other turtle stuff in my room, including my earrings.


 Another advantage of it being simple black lines is that I can always keep children entertained with a colouring book with a difference:

 by Ell

by Emily

There are some more of those photos somewhere, but I can't find them.   Ah well.   I'm sure they'll be more to come!



       

No comments:

Post a Comment