Sunday 10 November 2013

Food and Drink: Delicious Teas

In tonight's post I thought I'd share with you some of the delicious teas I've discovered lately.  The first one was brought back from China for me by my flat mate.   It came in a sort of cake form, wrapped in paper and sitting in a beautiful little box.  








Not really knowing what I was meant to do with it, I resorted to scraping the cake with a knife to loosen enough tea for a cup.   It makes a tasty and very delicate green tea.   Yum! 





Next is a brilliant tea I found in a local tea (and antiques) shop called Anteaques.   When I went I promised myself myself I wouldn't end up leaving with a bad of whatever tea I ordered.  Not only did I fail at that resolution, I also finished the bag of tea within two weeks and had to go back for a second.   It's called Festive Fruits.   It's a hibiscus based tea and tastes just like Christmas!   It's all apples, cinnamon, cherries and almonds.   Delicious!   Quite possibly my favorite ever tea!








This next tea is also a hibiscus based one, and came from a tea shop in London.   It's called summer pudding and is also yummy!   It's full of apples and blackberries and tastes just like an English summer day.








This last tea is one that you can find fairly easily.   It's made by a brand called Tea Pigs, which is quite expensive, but worth it, in my opinion.   I've tried a few Tea Pigs teas and my favorite is one called Super Fruit.   It's another hibiscus based tea (are you noticing a pattern here?) and is full of cranberries and blueberries.   It's got a pretty refreshing and delicate flavour and is yummy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment