Sunday 25 November 2012

Top 10 Sugary Girly Drinks

I'm not a girly girl.   But I am an incredibly girly girl when it comes to my drinks!   I like fruity, tasty, sugary things a lot!  Here are some of my favourites:


Pecheresse

A sweet, fruity Belgian beer.   I'm a huge fan of all things peach, and this really does it for me.  Not the easiest thing to find in the UK, but the hunt is worth it!  Also not the cheapest, but again, worth it!  I know, I know, peach and beer sounds like a very peculiar combination, but it really does work!  At 30% peach juice it hardly tastes of beer at all.  Just sweet, fruity goodness.   Summer in a bottle!







Lindisfarne Mead

Yum yum yum!  Very sweet, very dangerous.   Syrupy, warming, alcoholly goodness.   This comes from the island of Lindisfarne, and is not a mead in the strictest sense, because it contains grape juice as well as honey.  Either way it's delicious, if again, a bit hard to get hold of.







Sloe Gin

Sweet fruitiness set off perfectly by the bitterness of gin and the sloe.   And a lovely colour too.   Lovely over ice, and I think it goes very well in lots of cocktails and high balls too.







Ginger Wine

Sweet, warm, fiery.   Tastes like Christmas!  I love ginger, and whoever decided to combine it with alcohol was a genius.   Strangely enough out of all the brands I've tried I really do like the bog standard Sainbury's own brand the best.   It's just a bit more raw and spicey than the others, in my opinion.




Moscato D'Asti

Again, another one that's very hard to get hold of in the UK.   I tend to just buy it in Italy and bring it back.   Light, fizzy, sweet.   A really yummy dessert wine.   Serve cold.   Goes very well with meringue cake.       








Pantelleria Moscato Liquoroso

Another Italian one.   A little like the Moscato d'Asti, only stronger and not fizzy.  A bit like sherry perhaps, only with a lighter flavour.   Sweet and very drunkening.





Plum Wine

Sweet, fruity and a touch of the exotic.   Available in Chinese supermarkets.   Great over ice.








Gallo Family White Zinfandel

Fresh, light and fruity.  This stuff is great!   A really nice rose wine that hardly feels like drinking.  It doesn't keep very well though, so once the bottle is open you have to drink it all.   What a shame!








Thistly Cross


A really yummy cider, that is very skilled at bringing on drunkeness very fast.   The one I like is the Strong and Scottish one that's 7.2%.   Very fruity and very drinkable.   Perfect!



1 comment:

  1. I like my drinks extra sour - Tom Collins (gin, gomme, lemon juice, soda water) being my downfall, haha.

    ReplyDelete